Pro Series Header Build Kits- Chevy Straight 6 (194-292 ci)
This header build kit has everything you need to bring that Chevy Straight 6 Cylinder custom header together. Designed to fit the 1962-1979 GM lineup found in a variety of GM trucks and passenger cars with the engine badge L22, LD4, LE3, or L25. Great for building that set of headers for your 6 cylinder powered truck or car. See why Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc has the most complete header builder kit on the market. (HP recommendations at the bottom of this page)
What makes our header build kits the choice of top fabricators?
Stock Straight 6 Flange With Round Ports
- Flanges – Included are 2 American made precision laser cut 3/8” thick header flanges
Aftermarket Split Flange-Round Port
Aftermarket Split Flange-Square Port
- Flange Stubs – *Included with aftermarket flanges only. Our standard flange does not include stubs. Included with our Chevy header kit are (6) formed stubs to help speed up your fabrication process. These flange stubs are formed to the exact flange shape and come in 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" primary tube sizes.
- Mandrel Bends - We supply (10) 180 degree J bends. Our J bends come with a 6” & a 12” leg. For most header builds, this extra leg length mean you won’t need to buy any straight tubing. What makes our stainless mandrel bends truly a unique product? We start off with an American made 304 stainless raw material, that is then bent in the U.S. for a genuine 304 .065 stainless bend. Our material forms better, welds better and last because it is a genuine 304 stainless.
- (2) 3 Into 1 or (1) 6 into 1 Collectors** - From there we supply (2) precision formed 3 into 1 collectors or a set of our optional super high flow 6 into 1 slip on merge collectors with 6 sets of collector tabs. Just like our stainless bends, we start off with an American made 304 stainless and fabricate the industries finest collectors.
We offer these header kits with 3 different collector options
Formed weld on collectors
(Collector stars included)
Slip on merge collectors
with a straight exit
Slip on merge collectors
with a transitional exit
6 Part Video Series:
How To Build Your Own Headers
- Collector stars – A simple part that really helps speed up the fab process. Used as a weld in block off between the 6 tubes before welding the collector on, there are precision laser cut for a perfect fit between your specific primary tubes.
- Purge Caps – This simple, but effective method for back purging caps works great. Each kit includes 5 primary caps and one collector cap.
- O2 bungs – Each header builder kit includes 2 weld on O2 bungs. Precision machined in the U.S. from 304 stainless billet, these bungs weld beautifully, not like a cast bung
- Tig Filler Rod -Includes ¼ lbs. package of filler rod
Be sure to check out our Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels for continuous updates on customer projects, as well as how-to videos and information about our extensive product lineup.
Because of the wide variety of engine chassis configurations these HP numbers are for general reference only.
1 3/4" Primary Tube Header Kit: 200-350 Horse Power
1 7/8" Primary Tube Header Kit: 275-400 Horse Power
Add A Transitional Merge Collector For That Extra Performance Edge
** Formed collectors are for the pair of 3 into 1's only. 6 into 1 collector must be slip-on type
Reference Number: #30158/#30159R/#30160S